CO2 CAPTURE & UTILIZATION
C02 CAPTURE & UTILIZATION
Companies doing business in the energy industry are looking for cost-effective methods and new energy technologies to produce their products, while at the same time being environmentally sustainable and profitable.
Delta CleanTech’s Capture & Gas Purification mandate is to develop and commercialize the technologies that satisfy these requirements and to commercialize these product offers world-wide. Delta has developed cost-effective CO2 capture solutions for CO2 enhanced heavy oil production, coal and gas power generation and the industrial food grade CO2 markets. Delta CleanTech participates in this sector through its proprietary: LCDesign®, PDOengine® technologies and DeltaSolvTM.
Delta CleanTech has developed an improved proprietary CO2 capture system that has been designed to significantly reduce the cost of CO2 capture. Brand named the Delta LCDesign®, this system has been engineered to reduce capital and operating costs while at the same time delivering superior performance by reducing energy usage, lowering emissions, and improving the quality of CO2 product captured.
Delta CleanTech continues to focus its efforts on modular CO2 capture systems using the LCDesign®, DeltaSolvTM and PDOengine® technologies, primarily focusing on servicing industry whereby captured CO2 is used as a commodity.
Delta’s CO2 capture technology was selected, constructed and commissioned in October, 2020 to provide the CO2 for the globally recognized NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE competition.
Delta is supporting InnoTech in operating, optimizing and supervising the CO2 capture technologies evaluation test campaigns.
The LCDesign® unit can capture CO2 from coal-fired power plants and from the plentiful supply of OTSG boilers (Once Through Steam Generators) used in SAGD (Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage) and CSS (Cyclic Steam Stimulation), or any other flue gas source such as cement plants, refineries or diesel generators.
- Delta’s technologies have been engineered to reduce capital and operating costs while at the same time delivering superior performance by reducing energy usage, lowering emissions, and improving the quality of CO2 product captured.
- Delta is well known globally for our expertise and have participated in the majority of the largest CO2 capture projects in the world.
- The LCDesign® also reduces the cost of CO2 Capture, through our proprietary modeling and simulation process called the PDOengine®.
- The LCDesign® is modular and is designed to reduce waste disposal and minimize the amount of water and utilities utilized.
Photos from the Husky Lashburn CO2 Capture & Enhanced Oil Recovery Project
OUR PEDIGREE OF INNOVATION
InnoTech Calgary CO2 Capture Plant
- Delta’s CO2 Capture Technology was competitively selected to provide the CO2 for the NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE competition.
- Installed at the Enmax Sheppard NG fired power plant.
- Delta and construction partners, built and commissioned the CO2 capture plant which included integrated solvent reclaiming technology.
- Delta is supporting InnoTech in operating, optimizing, and supervising the CO2 capture technologies evaluation test campaigns, which are planned after the XPRIZE competition concludes.